land survey



The Federal government requires property owners to obtain flood insurance for buildings located within high-risk flood areas identified by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Property owners are increasingly being notified of this requirement as they try to sell their properties or refinance existing loans. As a result of recent FEMA map changes, many property owners have been notified for the first time that they need to purchase flood insurance on buildings they have owned for years.

Flood insurance can be a costly and often unnecessary burden. In many cases, the need for flood insurance can be eliminated or premiums reduced. This can be accomplished by having a professional surveyor or engineer complete a FEMA Elevation Certificate or Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA).

Association of State Floodplain Managers

An Elevation Certificate documents the elevation of your building in relation to the flood elevation and can help reduce premiums. A LOMA removes your property or buildings from the floodplain thereby eliminating the Federal requirement for flood insurance

Every situation is different, so please contact Carl Bert & Associates for solutions to your flood insurance problems. Our staff includes a Certified Floodplain Manager who will help you find ways to reduce or eliminate your flood insurance premiums.

Our floodplain services include, but are not limited to:

  • Determining flood elevations where they have not been previously established by FEMA
  • Surveying your property and buildings to determine actual elevations in relation to the flood elevation
  • Preparing FEMA Elevation Certificates
  • Preparing FEMA Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) applications
  • Coordinating with FEMA on approvals
Association of State Floodplain Managers
decorative bar